Real-Life Style Challenge: Revisiting the Graphic Tee
Back in high school, I stuck to a pretty regular uniform of graphic tees and jeans. It was an effortless way to get dressed these early mornings and nonetheless appear cute. But as trends changed and I got older, I wore graphic tees much less and much less. They stayed in my closet, though, since they were nevertheless in fantastic shape and still cute!
So this week’s real-life style challenge had me revisiting a trend from my past. This week I aimed to style a week’s worth of interesting and trendy outfits, all about my collection of graphic tees.
- Monday: Starting the week, I wore my Les Miserables graphic tee with my red cord skirt, tights and boots.
- Tuesday: I wore my Where The Wild Items Are tee (RIP Maurice Sendak!) with shorts over tights and accessorized with loafers and a bowler hat.
- Wednesday: I paired my cropped Muppets tee with brown skinnies and my black boyfriend blazer.
- Thursday: Showing team spirit, I wore a Miami Dolphins graphic tee with a khaki skirt, basic brown belt, and black cardigan.
- Friday: Going casual for the practically-weekend, I wore a Hunger Games graphic tee with bright blue jeans and oxfords.
What I Learned:
When you believe about it, graphic tees are actually just like any other shirt! All of my outfits could have, and and in fact have, been worn with other plain blouses and shirts. Although graphic tees aren’t the most professional or maybe appropriate selection for all places, they are a fantastic way to add some entertaining to any ensemble. And pairing them with other pieces besides jeans still gives you that casual feel whilst nevertheless finding style points.
A couple of a lot more ideas I picked up from this challenge:
- Play with colored denim. Friday’s outfit was essentially jeans and a tee shirt, but since the jeans are a bright blue, the appear becomes a tiny much more fascinating.
- If you attend a sport-obsessed university, pairing a team tee with a skirt is a wonderful way to show your school spirit at a game while still seeking chic.
- Adding a blazer can make something look instantaneously polished. So even if you are wearing just jeans and a graphic tee, throwing on a blazer prior to you go out can add a additional dimension to your outfit.
- Accessorize! Shorts and tee shirts, for some, can be the staples of summer time. Adding on a hat or fun jewelry can set your outfit apart.
What do you feel?
Do you nonetheless rock graphic tees or have you left them behind? How do you turn your tees into a style statement? Let me know in the comments!